Reasons to Establish Your European Trading Company
- Immediate access to the 500 million EU consumer market.
- Eliminate vat and customs charges.
- Significantly reduce your shipping costs by bulk shipping your product to Europe.
- Distribute from one central facility.
- A European presence will reduce overall costs and provide better value to your costumer.
- Increase and improve your brand loyalty be being close to your customers.
Ireland favours green lights over red tape, which is why we are one of the best countries in the world for ease of doing business (Forbes). New business is welcomed and supported by the flow of talent coming from our schools, universities and abroad, to work for high-performing companies across a range of cutting-edge sectors.
Specific tax reasons for locating your European trading company in Ireland include:
- Corporation Tax of 12.5% on world wide profits.
- No withholding tax on the payment of dividends by the holding company to EU or tax treaty countries.
- No thin capitalisation or CFC rules.
- Tax deductions for interest on borrowings to acquire shareholdings in subsidiaries.
- Favorable tax treatment on the receipt of dividend income.
- Extensive Tax Treaty network and access to EU Parent-Subsidiary Directive.
- No Capital Gains Tax on the disposal of shareholdings in subsidiaries.
These incentives together with non-tax incentives such as the economic and telecommunications infrastructure, the English speaking population and membership of the EU make Ireland one of the most attractive destinations in Europe for multinational companies.
Forbes magazine has ranked Ireland as one of the best countries for business. This is not just for large multinationals, but also small companies with big potential . Modern Management Ltd nurtures these small to medium sized companies, helping them forge their future success in Ireland and its easy to administer with our turnkey service provision.
Ireland is the gateway to Europe and has become a very attractive place to locate a European trading company. There are many reasons why companies locate themselves in Ireland, but it all starts with positive leadership and policies. Successive governments have developed an open economy and invested heavily to develop Ireland’s infrastructure. This is why Ireland continues to attract high-performing industries to our shores, even through challenging times.
Ireland is a committed member of the European Union and provides companies with guaranteed access to the European market. After Brexit Ireland will be the only English speaking country in the Euro zone and provides an ideal hub for organisations seeking a European base. The brightest talent from across Europe is attracted here, mixing with our own to offer a multinational and multilingual melting pot of skills with a positive attitude to match.
Dublin, a Smart City where technology and innovation go hand in hand is home to
- 9 of the world’s top 10 technology companies
- 50% of the world’s top banks
- 250 global financial institutions
- 10 of the world’s top 20 insurance companies
- 9 of the world’s top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 17 of the world’s top medical technology companies